Community Impact is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. With this philosophy, United Way of MPM has adopted goals with outcomes around Income, Education, and Health.
We have identified these outcomes through other conversations with community groups including the Community Impact team and community members. We know that if we work towards achieving these outcomes through collaboration and partnerships among agencies, businesses, and community members, we will have a healthier, better educated, more financially stable community.
Our outcomes and the work around them are outlined below.
Education Outcomes & Programs
- Increase school readiness for pre-school children.
- Improve in behavior and social interaction, especially in programming outside the school day.
- Increase the number of young adults who graduate and make a successful transition to work or higher education.
Boy Scouts (Muskingum Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America)
Cub Scouts (Muskingum Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America)
Ohio College Guides Program (Scholarship Central)
Toddler Enrichment Program (The Carr Center)
Youth Mentoring (Big Brothers Big Sisters of Zanesville)
Youth Program (The Lifewell)
STEAM Camp (Muskingum Family YMCA)
Income Outcomes & Programs
- Increase budgeting and other financial skills and habits.
- Keep people in their homes.
- Increase household income and family assets, especially through the Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Provide access to food.
- Provide access to timely, short-term assistance, including food, shelter, clothing, disaster relief, and referral services.
Emergency Shelter (The Salvation Army)
Soup Kitchen (The Salvation Army)
Homeownership Creation & Preservation Project (Habitat for Humanity)
2-1-1 Call Center (United Way of MPM)
Free Tax Preparation Clinics (United Way of MPM)
Health Outcomes & Programs
- Provide access to physical, dental and/or mental health care and education.
- Provide access to affordable medication.
- Provide access to mental health and substance abuse services for children and adolescents.
- Increase the percentage of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
Dental Health Program and Healthy Smiles (Perry County Health Department)
The Field of Dreams Project and Fit Kids (The Fieldhouse Foundation)
Swim Lessons (Muskingum Family YMCA)
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Maint. Program (Muskingum Recreation Center)
Weight Management for Adults w/ DD and Summer Fitness (Muskingum Recreation Center)
Open Gym (Zanesville Civic League)
Smoking Cessation (Perry County Cancer Alliance)
Pathways to wellness (AllWell Inc.)